Sunday, February 6, 2011

Children grow up, puppies stay little

This week I followed a somewhat crazy instinct and got a new puppy. My smallest child is growing up, and she doesn't like it when I want to hold her in my lap and cuddle her close. She really hates it when I want her to wear little girl clothes and walk holding her hand. I hear some day she'll let me hold her hand again...I can't wait. So crazy as it may seem, I went and got myself a lap dog puppy, a Maltese to be specific. Darby weighs maybe a pound or so right now and full grown will be about the size my children were at birth. He goes everywhere with me, and cries for me when he can see me but not get to me. He sleeps cuddled in my arms and loves me unconditionally... all this in just a week... WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment