Monday, November 10, 2014

YOGA TEACHER SEEKS ALMOST PERFECT PLACE

By Lisa Cosmillo
I almost left out the word ALMOST from the title just now. But nothing is perfect, so I put the word almost in there.

I have just returned from an incredible month in Bali, where I took a 300-hour Yoga teacher training course and I learned a whole lot more than I knew when I left, and I am back and ready to share my knowledge.

I have a specific idea in mind about what I would like to teach. I believe there is a lack of classes that target students in the above 40 or maybe even above 50 age range. And the ones that do exist, are all about the "restorative" (not that there is anything wrong with that, but I know many of us in our 40s-100s would like to continue a fitness routine that does not require us to be a pretzel or to balance on our hands.) So I envision this class to be an accessible strong class with poses that challenge, but don't kill us and are totally attainable. The classes would be total body work outs and focus on joints and flexibility, safety and strenghthening.

I would also like to be able to teach a restorative class on Saturday mornings and a kids class on Mondays. In the future, I am looking at teacher trainings as well.

So my goal is to find a place that is open and light, not too pricey and holds around 20 or more yoga mats. I would like this place to be visible and have parking. Am I dreaming, maybe... but I don't think so. So I'm putting this out there. Do any of you have or know such a place? I would want it to be available at 5:30 pm T and Th and 9 am Saturday. Possibly 9:15 am MWF and Saturday as well.

Or a studio that would allow me to teach the above class.

If you know any such place or are interested in Yoga classes as described above

No comments:

Post a Comment