Saturday, April 21, 2012

10 minutes

I am contemplating life.
"So what's new?" you ask.
Meditation.
One of my favorite Yoga instructors, Karen Birbari of One Yoga in Olympia, WA,  held a meditation work shop, and I thought that it would be something I might like. I'm always looking for a way to calm my spirit.
I had no idea how much I would get out of this workshop. She told us that research had found that ten minutes a day would change your life.
So I thought, I could do anything for ten minutes a day.
The reason I have never tried meditation before is I can't sit still and focus on nothing. It's virtually impossible for me, but with a little help from the internet, my Ipad or computer, I found that a person could listen to innumerable guided meditations.
I find some of the ones at Deepak Chopra's site the best, but also Meditation Oasis for the Ipad is a good one too.
I am feeling more centered, calmer and happier.
My ten minutes sometimes turns into 30, but so what?
I have even caught myself writing more and doing more Yoga.
These are seriously good side effects.
Try it. 10 minutes OOOOOHHHHHHMMMMM....

No comments:

Post a Comment