Monday, January 10, 2011

OK, so NOW WHAT?

I have a whole lot of friends on their way to 50. I spent my whole last year on my way to 50. Then it happened. And it was fun. Now 3 months later, you gotta ask the same question you asked when you were 21, what am I looking forward to now? Death?

Well here's the scoop. I KNOW THE ANSWER.

It's simple and real, I'm looking forward to everything. Life. It's all worthy. My 24-year-old son said to me the other day, "Yeah, I'm in pain, but it's all good because it's all a part of it."

WOW, he's right, it's all good. Every day you take another breath is a good one. The first 50 were practice. Now you live. I keep telling my children, I am officially middle aged. I'm going to live to be 100+. I don't know if that's a threat or a promise, but I mean it.

I sound like some aging metaphor, but I don't care. I have never felt so powerful, together and full of joy and pain and hope. Life rocks. I'm on board to enjoy the journey and I welcome anyone who wants to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment